Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Man Scorned



So as we become closer to facing the dawn of another year, 2010. I find myself still left with a new years resolution, if you will, that has yet to have been accomplished from the year before. Anyone, that is familiar with my blog knows that my blog focuses primarily on love, relationships and any and everything inbetween. And so does last years resolution. There's an old saying that goes like this "it takes two times the amount of time to fall out of love with someone, than it took to fall in love with them." This is so true and while I can say that I did accomplish my resolution for the most part because I have stuck to not looking back, as far as the physical goes. Somewhere almost a year later, there's emotional or psychological ties that still aren't completely gone. I know that I'm not definitely still in love, but the love I have is still stronger than need be. Nonetheless, that isn't what this entry is about.

So keeping in mind the above text, as I've laid in the bed the last few nights, I've thought about and even tweeted about my vengence, scornful ways and resentment that I now hold towards a certain someone and towards a species in general for the most part. I can honestly say after sitting back and evaluating things that I have categorized a whole species of people based off of not just one persons downfalls, but others that I've came in contact with, as well as some of my own actions. The resentment that I hold towards this person, I'm choosing to let go because until I'm willing to let that go, I can't truly move on without blaming the next.

I hate the fact that I've become this type of dude, a "maneater" if you will. It's hard for me at this point to show emotion for the fear of being hurt again. Instead, it's so much easier to just focus on the physical and as long as I keep it at that level, I feel I'm safe with nothing to worry about. "Get them, before they get you", is how some people see it. Please don't get me wrong, it's not that I haven't actually been feeling some of the folks I've come in contact with, but my past experience has a way of rearing it's fuckin' head and I see some type of similarity and I instantly "flip out", I guess you could say and then I shut down. It's like I almost don't know how to take someone that is genuinely caring about me and wanting to get to know me. I turn into this evil azz person if you try and get too close and it's not cool. But, my guards are only up, because they were once so far down. I take compliments as someone running game and instantly consider how to make sure that they don't get the best of me. It's crazy!

I can't believe I'm typing this and still am unsure if I will actually publish this cause I've never gotten this personal and eXposed this much of my life for complete strangers and well known associates as well to read. But, as I sat here and considered the folks whom I may have had a similar effect on I guess this was my way of getting it all out and somewhat giving an apology or an explanation of myself and why I act like I do.

So now that I've analyzed the situation and realize that I can't or shouldn't just keep making others pay for someone else's mistakes or loss, what's next? I mean it just seems so much easier to say it, then to do it. Like it's extremely difficult to just block out the similar patterns, the kind ways, miserable friends, ex's, early morning phone calls, "the too good to be true" type shyt, etc. I guess it's a take it one day at a time type of thing and try to remember that I can't blame the next one, for the last mistake. Just as I preached not to blame me for the last ones and hold me to those standards.

9 comments:

  1. One of the things I like about you is the FACT that you are actually aware and in-tune with your shortcomings and downfalls. HOWEVER, you still manage to put yourself in situations where you're almost 98% aware of just how you're going to act and react, regardless of the direction the relationship naturally heads. Basically, what Im gathering from speaking to you personally and reading this post in comparison is that you're freaking AFRAID. You're afraid to be vulnerable unto another soul, simply because of the FACT that it has taken you so long to heal from her breakup with 'HIM'. I am the same way. It took me 3 years to heal from a 4 year relationship and I vowed to NEVER put myself in the 'In-Love' situation, EVER again. Part of me invests so MUCH time into my career as to avoid getting close to men. It helps me cope and feel as if Im still in control. Young men like you and I are dead set upon having the upper hand, which in turn, leaves our long nites without substance. Meaning, sure, we can nut alongside those of the chosen, BUT at the end of the day, its STILL the same people on our minds...because of the ways in which we ended certain situations. In 2010, I hope to create a balance between my Love and Business Life. I simply DONT want to EVER endure what I have in the past regarding the Healing Process. Thats the most DIFFICULT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One, Im proud of you. This takes a lot of courage to do and you came at it with your heart on your sleeve. I THINK, you're correct when you say "not to blame me for the last ones and hold me to those standards," because you're not "them." But this person whether present or future, for you, isn't and God forbid won't be, "them" either. It's great to learn from former experiences, but you just have to come to terms (and not saying that you haven't but if you haven't[contradiction =/]) that, everyone is not out to get you. People who are hurt tend to hurt those who try to help. Just be careful where you put your next affection to. We're all human and make mistakes, say things we don't mean and act out in ways that aren't the best at times. But we have the beautiful power to forgive and move on. When we can do that, there is no limit to what we can reach. I'd hate for someone like you, even though we've only chatted through twitter, to be warehoused by loves that weren't what you needed and also may have given you a negative view that you might have on future loves because of those ones from the past. Think of them as opportune lessons for you to love better and like never before when the next love, that you feel is, for lack of better words, worth it. Hopefully I've said something worthwhile reading other than those stupid updates I tweet. Love your blogs. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The previous comments have stated many valid points that I agree with leaving me only to say thank you! Just earlier today I was thinking to myself, "is my blog to personal?, should I have so many of my experiences out there?" ...bt after hearing supporting words and positive feedback from my very best friend and then reading your blog I feel good. Blogs that come from a personal experience are so much more powerful! I would also like to add that in a community filled with pretty faces, lust & many broken hearts we need to know that others have similar experiences and the saying of your previous post holds true, "the grass isn't always greener". We can't be quick to assume chasing relationships or rejecting ppl will keep us emotionally stable. We need to heal bt also leave the emotional baggage w/ a return to sender stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing to be shamed of when exposing your feelings to people. Its very underated when it comes to surfacing the mind and letting go the fear of expression. How would someone know how to approach you or have an idea of your reactions to many things. I really love when people open up even if its the slightest because one of the worst things in life is to stay bottled with emotions. Everyone has a comfort zone and I appreciate you tunning us into yours. I heard a song called (his mistakes) by usher and it relates to so many people because more often than not, we blame a new for someone elses mistakes and maybe even your own. Nobody should have their guard down but you must be able to distinguish between the horrific and terrific situations for you could miss out on a reaaaally good thing. I don't doubt that you will because you are an intelligent person and I appreciate you opening up and letting me the reader in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgiveness, Duante'.

    That's where it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgiving some one feels so much more better then holding resentment...trust me I know ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a process. One day at a time as you stated. However try not to let anyome change who you are at the core.

    Allowing your feelings to be transprent is always healing.

    ReplyDelete