Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mannequins



Growing up I was always one of the cutest out of the folks I hung with. And I don't say this to be conceited and by the end of this entry you'll realize that. Anywho, I was always one of the cuter dudes and valued my great looks, I mean hey they came in handy.

As I got older, my appearance changed and my look matured, still attractive, turning heads, etc, etc. But, I began to see that there were a lot more attractive folks out here besides me and began to wonder what separates me from them. And me being a little cocky and conceited at the time, I first thought it was just my charm and that I looked better. Then, I thought about it again and realized that it was so much more that set me apart from the next cute face. I have my education, morals, goals, etc. The things that unless someone takes the time to get to know you, they'd never know.

Which brings me to my next point. So many people I come across that try to holla are these mannequins, if you will. That are attractive, nice bodies, smile, etc., but that's it. Beyond looks it's like, what else can you bring to the table? Most of them are getting by on their looks, or at least that's what they say. But, what happens when the looks leave? Beauty fades, incase you don't know. Then what? Being 30 years old and just beginning to start looking for work, isn't the best look.
And I'm not saying this to read anyone at all. I'm just wondering.

I'll be the first to say my mate needs to be attractive, BUT they also must have other things going for themselves and have goals. I've done the relationship thing with someone who was making it off of their "looks" and was "trying" to do better and was "about to start school." Funny thing is we've been broken up for quite a bit of time now and they're still unemployed and not in school. Which leads me to believe all the "trying" and "about to starts" were simply to satisfy me.

All I'm saying is, it's cute to be cute, fine, attractive, sexy, etc. But, if that's all you have going for yourself, you don't have much. Good looks can get you far, GOD knows they can! I have my personal testimony's, lol. But, once again at the end of the day, once they're gone, you'll be lost with nowhere to go. It's much more attractive to be attractive and have some type of career, education, goals, something going for yourself. Hell with all those other qualities, if your not the cutest, someone will still want you.

Please don't misconstrue this as me saying that you should do this to find a mate, because that's not the point. You should want to leave some kind of legacy behind, have accomplished something in life. Trophy pieces are cute, but so are monkeys.
So I don't know about anyone else, but being "cute", just aint cutting it no more!

7 comments:

  1. "Trying" & "About to" implies, and usually leads to failure.

    Beauty & Brains...ur the perfect catch! People like that, don't settle for trophies, their a waste of time.

    Side Note: People that settle for trophies....believe it or not that says alot about who they are as a person, themselves!

    Terrific Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuz u r a very intellectual person..this is the second post i have read from you and i am jy moved by it.u speakin the truth and it sounds like it just flows effortlessly out u..this post got me thinkn alot..Mainly about this person im dealing with now he's a "Mannequins" as u've describe above.im finding that yea he sexi, but convo and intellect is lacking, so y im i 'choosing' to deal with it..IDK??.. but back to u, this post was jy ah eyeopener.thanks.my son mikey may have 2introduce me to u one day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the responses. I try to just let whatever is coming out...come out!

    Hopefully you work through your issue. Glad to be of some assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting. Although no one can disagree that this blog is indeed correct, I can't help but inquire what made you write this blog. It's good that you mentioned your own personal testimonies. Shows you're humble and can relate, thus not knocking anyone else.. which makes people a lot more comfortable. Now this might be ideal for another person who is just beauty as well though. They might get along perfectly, it is someone out there for everyone, but I understand what you mean lol. In other words, be a Cady, beauty and brains, and not a Karen, who can't spell "orange."(Because Damon won't always be around) You've done a great job at expressing yourself again new buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very interesting post to say the least. In the lifestyle that we live in, so many people rather take beauty or intelligence, which baffles the hell out of me. Most people think their looks will get them by, and they can’t get over forever. The sad part about it is, that one day and they’re going to realize that it is not about looks. Beauty comes from within. I laugh at when people think they are so cute, but can barely read, write or sleeping on someone floor. That let you know how far their looks have gotten them. I consider myself to be attractive, but there is so much more to me besides looks. I want people to see the inner beauty I have, not the outer appearance. Some people only have their looks to boost their self-esteem. Take a real glimpse into their life and you can see it’s not what it all cracks up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well beauty fades and dumb is forever so...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true...so many people try to get by on their good looks and they have nothing to fall back on. Eventually their looks will fade and they won't have ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete