Monday, June 1, 2009

The Dating Game


So the separation has taken place and it's time to get back out there and test the waters. You know go fishing for all those fishes that people have told you are in the sea. You start flirting with folks, getting numbers, talking on the phone, etc. But, you can't help to compare these folks that you go on dates with to your last love. They're in the past for a reason, but you don't always realize that you're expecting these new folks to live up to the standards of the last, if not exceed them.

Nonetheless, you go on dates and find a few potential new boos. But, the baggage from your last situation is weighing heavily down on your decisions and actions with the new interest. Not to mention, that I feel almost obligated to conceal the new potentials from the ex situation. Not wanting them to attend certain events because of the fact I know the ex would be there. Something about the past and the present colliding. It can create somewhat of an awkward situation, but should I be worried about their uncomfortableness. Probably not.


So back to the dating. This being all new to me, I'm not really to sure of the rules. In the past it's just usually happened or I've rushed into things. I'm actually trying do the dating thing and am so confused. Do you let the datee know your dating others? Can you be mad that they have a profile on a dating/sex site? Do you hold any obligations to them?


These are all simply thoughts that past through this mind of mine. I already am over this dating thing, but the comfort that I once had is now nomore. Sooooo... let the games begin!

1 comment:

  1. Dating is Sooo BORING & OverRated. I HATE IT. I Try to date Xclusively; ONE DUDE at a time. WHY?...because I simply DON'T have the time or energy to invest in entertaining multiple dudes. You will find that the process becomes so pedestrian and mundane. ONE of the dudes is DEFINITELY going to STAND OUT from the Others. I assure you. Make HIM your priority. Only Tell Him ALL of the Details & Background. The Others, NEVER Need to Know...because...they will NOT be around for Long. Clearly...

    ReplyDelete